Let’s face it, your garage door will let you down at some point. Sure, you can take steps to maintain it, but over time, something will go wonky. When it does, you’ll want to contact a contractor who covers all their bases, right?
Metro Garage Door Repair LLC offers all the garage door repair services you can imagine. In fact, the firm claims that given their 19 years of experience, there’s not much they haven’t seen – in terms of garage door repairs. Well, such a bold statement implies they are a one-stop shop for repairs. So, to provide a better picture of what they offer, let’s look at the typical services you can expect from a service provider. That way, we can see if the firm fits the bill.
1. Preventive Maintenance
This service helps you avoid costly repairs down the line. It’s the best way to extend your garage door’s service life. The theory behind preventive maintenance is that it’s easier and cheaper to maintain something than to repair or replace it. Typically, maintenance entails:
- Inspection: A preventive maintenance plan involves regular inspections to rule out potential problems. For example, if a spring appears worn out, a technician can repair it before it snaps and causes further damage.
- Lubrication: All of your garage door’s moving parts need proper lubrication. This includes hinges, chains, and springs.
- Tightening: With regular use, some of the nuts and bolts supporting your garage door will eventually loosen up. Preventive maintenance ensures they are regularly tightened so that everything stays in place.
- Adjustment: Over time, different garage door parts start to sag or become misaligned. Scheduled maintenance allows a professional to readjust various parts, including electrical components (motor service or remote programming), so they continue working as expected.
2. Emergency Service
Even if you take all the necessary precautions, sometimes, something will go wrong, and you’ll need emergency repair services. Fortunately, most garage door repair companies offer such services, so you’re not left stranded in the dead of night or on a workday.
A 24/7 service like Metro Garage means you can rest assured knowing someone can offer the help you most need. Basically, an emergency repair service should offer:
- Same-day service: When your garage door breaks, you don’t want to wait around for days or even weeks for someone to fix it. You want someone who can come out the same day and get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Affordable rates: Emergency repairs can be expensive, but they don’t have to be. A good emergency repair service will charge a fair price for their services.
- Experienced professionals: When you need emergency service, it helps to hire a technician who knows what they’re doing. That implies entrusting the average Joe with an expensive repair job would be counterproductive, no?
3. Common Repairs
If you’re facing a garage door issue, the odds are that other people have had the same problem at some point. And your service provider has likely tackled a similar issue. With that in mind, here are the typical parts or failure points that a comprehensive repair service can help you resolve:
- Springs: Springs are one of the most common problems when it comes to garage doors. Over time, they tend to weaken and snap. Or, they may rust and fail to operate as expected.
- Cables: Garage door cables also weaken with age. If they snap, the door will come crashing down, which can be very dangerous.
- Rollers: Rollers are what help the door move up and down smoothly. The door will be tough to open and close if they get damaged.
- Tracks: Bent or damaged tracks can cause the door to get stuck or even fall off due to misalignment. The right professional can repair or replace misaligned door sections and match the door’s style for a proper fit.
- Panels: Panels can become dented, cracked, or even broken. Mostly, it occurs when a vehicle accidentally hits the door if something falls on it.
- Balancing: If your door is unbalanced, it can be difficult to open and close. An experienced contractor can adjust the springs to balance the door, preventing it from becoming a safety hazard.
- Door opener: A broken door opener means you cannot use your garage door until it is repaired or replaced.
Repairs aren’t merely about getting the job done. Quality materials are also crucial to a long-lasting repair. For example, it’s advisable to use quality torsion springs – preferably the same as the original – for the best results.
4. New Door Installations
A reputable service should also install new doors. This may be an excellent option if your door is beyond repair or you want to upgrade to a newer model. The firm should also help you choose from a wide range of doors to find a suitable option within your budget. Some contractors like Metro Garage sell new doors and parts, eliminating the hassle of finding the right products yourself.
Generally, professional garage door repair contractors offer an array of services. Our discussion has covered most of what you can expect from a repair service. So, does Metro Garage measure up? You bet!