Postman is a tool that helps in creating and using APIs. The primary function of this tool is to support API testing as it is an HTTP client that checks HTTP requests by using a GUI. Moreover, many institutions provide Postman Online Training and one can learn about this tool from them. In addition, it can run on various operating systems like Windows, Mac OS to Linux.
Features Of Postman:
Given below are some of the features of Postman.
- The Postman API- The API helps a user in accessing the data stored in the postman account. Above all, it consists of a Webhooks folder that lets a user trigger a collection run with an API call to the webhook URL.
- Postman Echo- It helps in testing the REST clients and making sample API calls. Above all, it can be used as a sanity checker tool and is a great way to check what you are sending to a server.
- Postman Visualizer- It helps in visually representing your request response so that it can make sense. Above all, you can also customize these visualizations by importing charting libraries such as D3.js, Chart.js. Etc.
- Monitors For Regression Testing- It runs the same monitor in different environments automatically. It helps in testing against a multitude of scenarios throughout the day and this helps in finding issues early.
- Built-in GraphQL Support- It supports GraphQL variables and sends GraphQL queries in the request body as POST requests.
Benefits Of Using Postman:
It is a very beneficial platform that has demands all over the globe. Therefore, there are many Postman Training institutes in Noida that provide courses related to it. Given below are some of the benefits of using the Postman tool.
- User Friendly- It is a user-friendly tool and it allows its testers to quickly fill the test suites by filling in templates. in addition, its simple interface also provides code snippets that help in creating scripts.
- Accessibility- This technology ensures easy accessibility and allows its users to access their files by logging into their accounts. This helps in accessing the data anywhere by any device that has a Postman application installed in it.
- Various Functionalities- It supports all the possible HTTP methods. In addition, it also helps in converting from API to code and changing the API development environment.
- Request Tracking Capabilities- It supports multiple status codes for users to verify the HTTP response. For example, Successful requests, Empty responses, Bad requests. Etc.