We all know how hard it is to prepare for government exams. Are you going to appear for a government exam in the near future? If yes, then what’s your preparation strategy? Will you keep on reading your textbooks over and over again with the hope that something will stick in your head? Well, this is not the right way to study for exams. You’ll stress yourself by reading a number of books. To retain a vast exam syllabus, you need to follow some scientific study techniques. When you start studying for the exam with the help of smart tips, it can make your preparation journey easy and interesting. This article is for candidates who are aiming to appear in upcoming government exams. If you are amongst them, then follow the tips and tricks given in this article staunchly.
Let us tell you that it is not necessary to burn midnight oil while preparing for the exam. You can make exam preparation very easy by following some proven study techniques. Additionally, you can study for the exam under the guidance of a nonpareil source. So, are you going to appear for a banking exam? If yes, then connect with a magnificent institute that can provide bank coaching in Chandigarh. Joining a coaching institute is great, but it’s not enough. You need to beef up your exam preparation by using some scientific study techniques. It is advisable to read this article if you want to know some of the effective ways to prepare for the exam.
While preparing for the government exams, consider the tips mentioned as follows:
It is imperative to follow a foolproof study plan if you want to ace government exams. Additionally, you can abide by the following scientific study methods to crack government exams.
Exercise works magically for body, mind and soul. Thus, you can boost your brain power by following an exercise routine. So, when you wake up in the morning, devote at least 30 minutes to vigorous exercise. It aids in relieving stress. Also, you can keep yourself active for the whole day while preparing for the exam. Well, you can choose to go for a walk in the early morning. Also, you can join a gym or yoga class to maintain ideal weight. Adding exercise to your daily routine can help you study perfectly for the exam.
We are well versed with the benefits of meditation. It is a true and tried way to improve the functioning of your brain and helps you focus properly. Don’t think that you have to devote an hour or more for meditation. Just 10 minutes are enough for meditation. Well, you can choose to meditate after doing exercise. It can help in calming your nerves and makes you ready to face the whole day. When you meditate daily, it helps you grasp concepts very easily. Moreover, you can easily ward off exam anxiety with the help of daily meditation.
Use retrieval practice
The concept of retrieval practice is founded on the concept of recalling something afterwards. Looking for an answer in your textbook is less effective than recalling an answer to a question. Furthermore, recalling and writing down the solution to a flashcard is far more successful than assuming you know the answer and flipping the card over too soon.
You will be more likely to remember the information if you practice retrieval. The retrieval process can be integrated into your study habit in a variety of ways.
- Use practice tests: Instead of consulting your book or notes, use practice tests or questions to quiz yourself.
- Create your own set of questions: Create your own test questions by acting as your own teacher. Encourage others in your study group to do the same, and trade questions.
- Use flashcards: Create flashcards, but practise retrieval techniques first. Rather than flipping a card over too soon, write down the answer and then double-check.
- Read the newspaper daily to get updated. Current affairs carries points in all competitive and bank exams. Check daily current affairs 2021 for all updated news of the year. This pdf may also reduce your time from reading daily newspapers.
Take the practice tests
Completing the exam syllabus is very important while preparing for the exam. You can find a myriad of practice tests on the internet that are designed as per actual exam pattern and syllabus. After attempting online mock tests, you will have enough confidence to appear for the actual exam. So, solve as many mock tests as you can if you want to channel through government exams successfully.
Start taking notes for government exam
It is necessary to take notes when you start preparing for the exam. So, inculcate the habit of writing while learning. When you write while learning, it can help you understand and retain the concepts for a longer period of time. Moreover, your notes can help you in future for proper revision. It is advisable to not borrow notes from others. Instead, make your own notes as per your requirements.
Multitasking is an old myth. Do you often chat on social media while studying? You may believe you’re striking two birds with one stone, but you’re actually creating bad study habits. According to studies, “multitasking” lengthens your study time and may harm your grades in the long run. So, when you sit to study for exams, you should maintain one pointed focus while studying. Make sure you are doing nothing else while studying. This is how you can ensure your success in the government exams.
The PQ4R method
PQ4R is an effective learning method you can use while preparing for the exam. Note that PQ4R is an acronym that stands for the six steps in the procedure:
- Preview: Preview the information before you start reading to get a sense of what you’ll be reading about. Only read the headers, subheadings, and highlighted language after skimming the material.
- Question: Ask yourself questions about the subject, such as, “What do I anticipate to learn?” What do I know about this subject already?
- Read: Take it one portion at a time and try to come up with answers to your queries as you go.
- Consider whether you’ve answered all of your inquiries. If you don’t know the answer, go back and look it up.
- Recite: Make a summary of the information you just read in your own words, either by speaking or writing it down.
- Review: Review the content once more and respond to any questions that have not been addressed.
You can use this method to study properly for the exam. Moreover, you can join a leading coaching institute that can help you crack exams. Do you want to clear the upcoming SSC exam? If yes, then start studying for the exam with the help of a marvellous institute that can provide SSC Coaching in Chandigarh.
These are some of the scientific study tips you can follow to prepare effectively for the exam. So, start preparing for the exam with a cool and positive mind.