Your entry door doesn’t only serve as the main entrance to your house; it also gives visitors a glimpse to your personal style. That’s why you need to make sure that your entry door perfectly matches the theme of your house. Nevertheless, do you know that your entry can be functional and aesthetically pleasing at the same time?
In this post, Southwest Exteriors™ offers four tips on choosing an entry door that reflects your style and caters to your needs.
1. Consider the latest trends. Designs of entry doors in San Antonio keep on changing. This is driven by various factors, such as discovery of better designs or the stiff competition in the market. It is ideal to know which designs are trending today prior to making a decision. And look beyond the front doorway, interior door trends range from accordion doors to folding doors, and these updates to your home also add to home value and resale value.
2. Pay attention to your house’s needs. Design is not everything, as you also need to be sure that the entry door you want is durable and energy-efficient. Every house is different. When choosing the right entry door, you need to consider the specific needs of your house.
• Protection from UV rays – For added protection from solar heat gain, pick an entry door that provides ultraviolet (UV) light protection. With this, you can prevent your furniture, fabrics and carpeting from absorbing extra heat.
• Adaptability to weather conditions – An entry door that helps you stay cool in the summer and cozy in the winter is in demand nowadays.
• Energy efficiency provider – Not only do homeowners want an entry door with a beautiful exterior; they also need one that is energy-efficient. This quality adds value and performance to homes.
3. Keep it within your budget. Most doors may come at a price, but with careful planning and decision-making, you can avoid breaking the bank. A door is a worthy investment if it falls within your budget.
4. Choose the right materials. Fiberglass, wood, or steel? Choosing the right entry door for your home depends largely on the materials used. When it comes to San Antonio doors, Southwest Exteriors is your perfect partner. We provide entry doors that will fit your house’s needs. You can choose from our many brands: including ProVia® doors, which can help you protect your house from UV rays, provide comfort throughout any weather condition, and ensure energy efficiency.
Entry doors are the gateway into your home and an important part of the look and feel of your home. The right entry door will add curb appeal and create a unified front and center showpiece for your overall aesthetic. Unlike doors on the inside, entrance doors need to meet requirements to keep your home comfortable, beautiful, and secure — that’s why choosing the right one is crucial. Before you enter the market for new exterior doors, here are a few tips to take into consideration. After all, by being informed, you’ll be able the make the best choice for your home’s future.
1. What you need in replacement doors
Before all else, you need to diagnose your replacement door needs. Why are you purchasing it? Are you looking for something secure or energy-efficient? How much are you willing to spend? There are countless things to asses, and each will affect your decision, so make sure you have a solid understanding of your needs before you begin to look for a company to install your new entry door. Once you determine your priorities, you’ll be ready to move on to the next step.
2. Side vs. back vs. front doors
Front entry doors have considerably more styles and potential options compared to side and back doors, due to their prominence and importance. For example, fibreglass or steel entry doors are usually inexpensive, energy-efficient choices for your front door. Alternatively, a sliding door style works well for your back patio door, while a garden door suits a side-door needs nicely. Understand the needs of each specific door in your home before moving on to the next tip.
3. Know your door frame needs
Another restriction — or opportunity — for your exterior door is the size of the frame. Replacement doors need to fit the space you have available, unless you’re willing to undergo major construction to get the opening widened or closed in. If you’re unsure of your door frame size, then go ahead and measure it! If your space is big enough, double doors could be a grand and welcoming option. If not, don’t worry! Single entrance doors compliment your home with their slim and economical profile. Measured? Good! Now you’re ready for the next step.
4. Custom doors, your way
This is where the magic happens — customizing your door is the ultimate way to personalize your entrance. Choose between countless colours, wood grains, or window panes to create the look you’re going for. While some of these features may be limited by your door manufacturer’s abilities, the right combination can either compliment your home or stand out as an accent piece.
A trusted company will offer a number of choices and will manufacture and install the doors themselves. Take Centennial Windows & Doors for example. They hold themselves accountable for every step of the installation process, and they take full responsibility from the manufacturing stage through to installation, service, and QA. Trust a door installation company that handles each step themselves — especially for custom doors.